What We Do Areas of Practice
Click on one of the areas of our practice below to learn more about how our firm might be able to assist you.
Our region is dominated by agriculture. As a result, our attorneys have represented individual farmers, ranchers, processors, and distributors. We advise and represent our clients on a variety of agricultural issues and litigation including:
- Farm Organization Structures
- Contracts for purchase or sale of farm products or commodities
- Farm Leasing and/or Sale
- Crop Damage
- Hunting Rights/Contracts
- Surface use and water rights
The attorneys of LaFONT, FORMBY, & HAMILTON, L.L.P. are trained in many areas of Business Law. Our firm can help you in a variety of situations including, but not limited to the following.
- Business Structures
- Limited Liability Company
- Subchapter S Corporation
- General C Corporation
- Closed Corporation
- Nonprofit Corporation
- Corporate Law
- Shareholder Lawsuits
- Business Transaction Suits
- Fiduciary Lawsuits
- Contract Lawsuits
The attorneys of LaFONT, FORMBY, & HAMILTON, L.L.P. have experience in representing the accused in all levels of alleged crimes. Our attorneys include a former state prosecutor, and we have represented the accused in cases that range from accusations of capital murder to drug possession.
Our attorneys represent clients in a variety of family law matters including:
- Adoption: Adoption Basics; Equitable Adoption; Agency Adoption; Private Adoption; Open Adoption; Second Parent Adoption; Relative Adoptions.
- Child Custody: Guardianship; Legal Custody; Physical Custody; Visitation Rights; Emancipated Minors
- Child Support
- Divorce Law: Annulments; Alimony; Trial Separation; Legal Separation; Marital Separation Agreement; Community Property & Equitable Distribution States; Fault vs. No Fault Divorce; Uncontested Divorce; Out of State Divorce; Divorce Mediation.
- Marriage Law: Prenuptial Agreements; Legal Rights of Marriage; Marriage Requirements.
Our attorneys routinely represent clients who have been substantially injured in our region and throughout the state. Our represented clients include the following:
- Personal Injury: Burn Injuries; Industrial Accidents; Wrongful Death; Traffic Accidents
- Product Liability: Strict Liability and Negligence; Failure to Warn; Products Liability
LaFONT, FORMBY, & HAMILTON represent landowners. Our attorneys own farms and ranches and other commercial and residential properties in the region. Our attorneys understand real estate/condemnation from the landowners' perspective. We have extensive experience in this area of law including:
- Condemnation: Pipelines; Transmission lines; Municipalities
- Sale/Leasing of Real Estate: Agricultural; Commercial; Residential
- Real Estate Litigation
- Boundary Disputes
- Ownership Issues/Adverse Possession
- Hunting Rights
- Oil and Gas/Wind Rights